Are you throwing a Halloween party this year or maybe volunteering at your son or daughter’s school party? I’ve got some really fun recipes that are just the thing you need. They’re easy to make and my kids were able to help with them.
Black and Orange Spook Cups
4 cups cold milk, divided use
1 (3.25-ounce) package Jell-O Chocolate Fudge Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
10 (7-ounce) glasses or plastic cups
1 (3.25-ounce) package Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
Few drops red food coloring
Few drops yellow food coloring
10 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, crushed
1/4 cup Halloween sprinkles
- Pour 2 cups of the milk into large bowl. Add dry chocolate pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Spoon evenly into the glasses, filling each glass half full; set aside.
- Add remaining 2 cups milk to separate large bowl. Add dry vanilla pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Stir in food coloring until pudding is of desired shade of orange; spoon evenly over chocolate pudding layers.
- Top with crushed cookies. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Top with sprinkles. Makes 10 servings
Candy Corn Fudge
1 (12-ounce) package vanilla or white chocolate chips, melted
2 (16-ounce) containers vanilla frosting
1 (10-ounce) package butterscotch flavored chips, melted
1/8 teaspoon or more yellow food coloring, divided use
1/8 teaspoon or more red food coloring
48 pieces of candy corn
- Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with foil, leaving a couple inches of overhang on each end; butter foil.
- In a large bowl, combine melted vanilla chips and half the frosting; mix well. Spread 1/3 of mixture in prepared pan.
- Combine melted butterscotch chips and remaining frosting in another large bowl; mix well. Add enough yellow and red food coloring to turn mixture orange. Stir until well blended. Spread orange mixture over white layer in pan.
- If remaining white mixture has hardened, heat in microwave until just melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Add enough yellow food coloring to turn mixture yellow; stir until well blended. Spread over orange layer in pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Use foil to lift fudge from pan. Turn white side up and carefully peel off foil. Cut into 48 pieces. Press a candy corn into the center of each piece. Store in the refrigerator. Makes 48 pieces
Candy Filled Witches Hat
Self-sealing plastic bag
1 can chocolate frosting
20 chocolate ice cream cones
Candy corn or assorted small candies
20 (2 to 3 inch) chocolate cookies
- Fill plastic bag with some chocolate frosting. Seal bag and cut a very small end off one corner of the bag and set aside. For each hat, invert one ice cream cone and fill with about 2 tablespoons candy corn or small candies. Pipe some frosting from bag along bottom edge of cone. Press a cookie against frosting. Carefully invert right side up onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Decorate outside of cone with small candies, using additional frosting as necessary. Refill frosting bag as needed. Makes 20 hats
For some additional fun Halloween recipes, check this link: Halloween Recipes