Ghosts, ghosts and more ghosts! They are the staple of every Halloween season. There are so many crafts and decorations you can do using the ghost theme. “You’ve been Ghosted” is a great way to say Happy Halloween to your neighbors. Check out my blog from July 18th where I talk all about being “ghosted” and how you too can start a new tradition in your neighborhood or at your school with this spooktacular game.
Here are some great ghost crafts you can make. They are quick and easy to do with your kids and a lot of fun too!
Ghost Wind Socks
- white construction paper
- black permanent marker
- white crepe paper
- tape string
- for each wind sock, decorate a 6-by-18 inch piece of white construction paper with ghostly eyes and a frightening mouth.
- roll the paper to form a tube shape and staple the ends together.
- cut eight 8-foot-long strips of crepe paper and drape them over the top edge with both ends hanging down to create "tails." Secure with tape.
- for a handle, cut a 30-inch piece of string and staple the ends to opposite sides of the top of the decoration.
- hole punch
- fallen leaves from your yard
- with a hole punch, make 2 eyes and a mouth in an assortment of fallen leaves, one for each place setting.
- tuck each leaf stem under the edge of a dinner plate or inside a napkin ring.
- black construction paper
- white paint
- paper plates
- pour paint onto paper plate and let your child rub both their hands in the paint until it is all over the bottom of their hands
- press their hands to the paper (then wash hands)
- turn paper upside down to where the palms of their handprint is the ghosts head and their fingers will be the bottom of the ghost
- they can finish their picture by giving a face to their ghosts and coloring in pumpkins, bats, tombstones, full moon, etc…
Halloween Express has some great ghostly decorations that are sure to add that fear factor element to any home or yard. From our hanging ghost in chains Hanging Ghost Chains to our inflatable 5 foot tall ghosts Inflatable Ghosts Halloween Express has it all. Check out all of our ghostly decorations and costumes at Halloween Ghost Costumes.