This past weekend wound up the largest ever Disney Fan Convention held once again in Anaheim, California. The good news for die-hard Disney fans is that the biennial convention will be back in all its glory during the summer of 2015! This year’s convention was largely sold out, with over 45,000 people in attendance at the expo, which was held over the course of three excitement-filled days. Fully costumed Disney fans could be seen traipsing about the Anaheim Convention Center, with cosplay clearly being the order of the special event and proving quite definitively, that even big kids love to play dress up.
Aside from thousands of enthusiastic fans costumed up as various Disney characters, there were a number of noted highlights at the event, including:
- Disney Animation Studios announced a 2015 movie “Zootopia”.
- The cast and storyline of upcoming Pixar movies, including “Inside Out” was revealed.
- A “Monsters University” short film also debuted at the event.
- Angelina Jolie, Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins were among several celebrities that made surprise appearances at the Walt Disney Studios presentation.
- Actors B.J. Novak and Jason Schwartzman hit the stage with songwriter Richard Sherman to perform a “Mary Poppins” song as part of the 50th Anniversary of Mary Poppins celebration.
- Special showcasing of all the very newest Disney characters.
- The Disney Legends award went to Disney Imagineer, Tony Baxter.
Disney fans of all ages were in attendance at the D23 Expo, the convention duly named D23 in reference to 1923, the year the Disney Company was formed. Clearly the best part of the event was having the opportunity to dress up and to feel a little bit of the legendary Disney magic, which was apparently flowing in rich abundance throughout the entire event. We thought you might enjoy seeing some of the best Disney-themed costumes that were seen at this year’s D23 Expo!