From time to time we sponsor contests on this site as well as on our blog and the official HalloweenExpress.com Facebook page. While most of the contests have their own rules and policies stated within the contest itself, some of our smaller contests do not. This is particularly true for the small/quick contests we run on Facebook. In the absence of stated contest policies for the individual contest, the following rules, terms and conditions shall apply:
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
No purchase or payment of any kind is required to enter or win.
Unless otherwise stated, the following eligibility requirements must be met.
(a) The contest is open to residents of any of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES).
(b) Entries must be submitted by an adult, 18 years of age or older.
(c) Employees, consultants, agents and their respective families of HalloweenExpress.com (collectively, “Sponsor(s)”) and their affiliated entities (including Halloween Express franchise owners and their employees) are not eligible to participate in any contest.
3. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
(a) Unless otherwise stated, only one contest submission per person will be considered.
(b) Entries must be submitted using the form and format as stated in the contest announcement. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged nor will proof of submission of an entry form be deemed proof of receipt. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, contest sponsor shall be the sole judge in determining the winner(s). Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
(c) Entries must contain the real first and last name (and email address if requested).
(d) All contest entry information become the sole property of the sponsor.
4. All winners will be notified by email or other means as indicated in the contest announcment. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winning contestants. Sponsor has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant entry. If a selected winning contestant cannot be contacted, or is ineligible, prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
5. Winner selection will be conducted solely by the sponsor. Our decision is final.
6. By entering this contest and/or accepting any prize in connection herewith, entrant releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless HalloweenExpress.com (the contest Sponsors), subsidiaries, affiliates, and employees of all of the foregoing (collectively, "Releases") from and against any and all claims, actions, and liability for any injury, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees), disputes, and/or disability resulting from participation in this contest and/or acceptance of any prize.
Releases are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible, entries or email; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or mis-communications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Releases are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest. Releases are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from or use of the web site.
7. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the contest or website, will be disqualified. Should any portion of the contest be, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, company reserve the right at their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest and select winners all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Prizes will be awarded based on full compliance with these official rules.
8. The sponsor reserves the exclusive right, exercisable at any time, without notice, to amend, add to, delete from, alter or otherwise change these Terms and Conditions. If any provision (s) of these Terms and Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable under applicable law, then such provision (s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect
9. By entering the contest, the contestant acknowledges that they have read and fully understand the rules, terms, and conditions and hereby waive, release, discharge HalloweenExpress.com, representatives and any employees from any claims resulting from their participation in the contest.
10. This contest is void where prohibited by law. The contestant assumes the total responsibility of knowing if they are subject to any local, state or national laws. HalloweenExpress.com accepts no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations.
11. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) with another of equal or greater value in Sponsor’s sole discretion.