1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
NO purchase necessary to enter The 2019 Halloween Express DIY Costume Contest. Submit your best DIY costume photo into any one of the six available contest categories to compete. First place in each category will receive $500 sent via Paypal. Second place in each category will receive $250 sent via Paypal. One third place winner in each category will be selected to each win a $250 HalloweenExpress.com online store credit. The first, second and third place winners will be selected by or before December 9, 2019. All entries must be received by midnight eastern time on SUNDAY November 3, 2019.
While this contest is promoted on various social media platforms, this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform including FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, TWITTER and INSTAGRAM. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest should be directed to Contest Sponsor, not any of these social media platforms.
2 . ELIGIBILITY:
(a) This contest is open to residents of any of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Each entry must depict one or more subjects as detailed in the official costume category page and in compliance with applicable age restrictions also detailed in the costume category page. Only one entry per person (determined by unique email) will be accepted. More than one person with the same physical street or mailing address may participate as long as they are using different email addresses. The limitation is based on the person with the email address, not the physical street address.
(b) If the category allows for persons under the age of 18 to compete, photos may only be submitted by the parent or legal guardian of the subject in the entry photo.
(c) Employees, consultants, agents and their respective families of ASADART E-Commerce Specialty Shops and Halloween Express (the "Contest Sponsors" or "Sponsors") and their affiliated entities are not eligible to participate in this contest.
(d) First and second place winners in each category must have a Paypal account to receive their prize.
3. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
(a) The photo submitted must be that of a costume created at least 50% from materials other than a commercially available, store bought Halloween costume.
(b) Up to three images per contestant will be considered. Digital photos are the only media accepted. Printed photos as well as videos are not eligible. Submitted photos must be the original photo of the costume entry. Photos may not be obviously edited or enhanced using Photoshop or other commercially available photo editing systems. Photos with watermarks, logos or other commercial marks will be disqualified.
(c) Photo must be taken during the 2019 Halloween Season which is defined as the period starting October 1, 2019. Photos taken prior to this date are ineligible to compete. Note that it doesn't matter when the costume was made as long as the photo was taken during the contest period with the contestant wearing it during the contest period.
(d) Entries must be uploaded and submitted to the contest website using a desktop computer (mobile will not work) in digital format, must be in .jpg or .png format, at least 600 pixels wide and image size must be no greater than 4Mb.
(e) Winners will be required to provide their full name, street address and email address.
(f) All digital submission entries are to be uploaded to the HalloweenExpress.com Contest website by following the instructions found on the HalloweenExpress.com contest website. Entries may be submitted starting October 15, 2019. Uploads must be completed no later than midnight eastern time on Sunday November 3, 2019. To enter the contest and upload your photo, click the submit button indicated on the DIY contact page.
4. All winners will be notified by email and must claim their prize no later than 6pm eastern time on December 16, 2019. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winning contestants (so make sure your email account is able to receive emails from halloweenexpress.com). If a selected winning contestant cannot be contacted, or is ineligible, prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
5. All winning photos may not contain advertisements or be published elsewhere (including but not limited to other internet websites - other than on the personal website or social media sites of the family and friends of the person submitting the photo and print publications) without the express written consent of Contest Sponsors. Use of winning photos without the express written consent of Contest Sponsors will result in immediate forfeiture of prizes and disqualification from the contest.
6. Judging will be conducted by the Contest Sponsors. Judging will take place between November 4, 2019 and Decemberr 8, 2019.
7. All entries will be scored on a scale of 1 to 10 and judged based on the following formula: 50% (5 points max) based on originality and creativity, 25% (2.5 points maximum) on the execution (creation of the costume) and 25% (2.5 points maximum) on the answers to the questions the contestant provides. The entries in each category with the highest, second highest and third highest scores will win first, second and third place prizes. Judges' decisions are final.
8. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to alter (crop, enlarge etc.) photos to fit into our frames in the event a photo is selected to be posted on our websites. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for photos lost or damaged.
9. A minimum of five (5) valid entries per category must be submitted for that category to be awarded a first, second or third place winner. In the event less than five valid entries are submitted for any given contest category, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to limit the number of winners in that category or cancel the contest for that category entirely. Said decision will be made solely at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
10. By entering this contest and/or accepting any prize in connection herewith, entrant or entrant's parent or legal guardian releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and employees of all of the foregoing (collectively, "Releases") from and against any and all claims, actions, and liability for any injury, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees), disputes, and/or disability resulting from participation in this contest and/or acceptance of any prize.
Releases are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible, entries or email; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Releases are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest. Releases are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from or use of the web site.
11. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the contest or website, will be disqualified. Should any portion of the contest be, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Contest Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, company reserve the right at their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest and select winners all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Contest Sponsor. Prizes will be awarded based on full compliance with these official rules.
12. By submitting an entry to The Halloween Express DIY Costume Contest, the contestant or the Parent or Legal Guardian of any minors under the age of 18 in the entry photo affirms that he or she is the sole and exclusive owner of all rights (including copyright) of the entry photo, that nothing in the entry photo infringes the rights of any third party and that no rights in the entry photo have been granted to any other company or individual. Contest Sponsor shall be free to use any photos submitted (and the first names and city/state that appear in the contest with them) for publicity purposes. The contestant shall indemnify and defend Contest Sponsors, and their respective officers, directors, employees and affiliates from and against any claims alleging that such use of an entry photo infringes the copyright, intellectual property, trademark of any third party. Permitted uses may include, without limitation, the entry photo being used on the Sponsor site, newsletters, advertising.
13. Contest Sponsors reserve the exclusive right, exercisable at any time, without notice, to amend, add to, delete from, alter or otherwise change these Terms and Conditions. If any provision (s) of these Terms and Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable under applicable law, then such provision (s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect.
14. By entering the contest, the contestant/parent/guardian acknowledges they have read and fully understand the rules, terms, and conditions and hereby waive, release, discharge the Contest Sponsors, representatives and any employees from any claims resulting from their participation in the costume contest.
15. This contest is void where prohibited by law. The contestant assumes the total responsibility of knowing if they are subject to any local, state or national laws. Contest Sponsors accept no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY