We want the items you choose to fit correctly and we want to make sure your expectations are set appropriately. Unfortunately, seasonal costumes are not available in all sizes. Each season, manufacturers try to anticipate the demand and produce costumes in the sizes they think will be popular for that season. Then, once inventories are depleted, they're typically gone until the next season.
It is important to understand that seasonal costumes are typically designed to be worn for one or two events. Unless otherwise noted, they are not professional, theatrical grade costumes and are not priced as such. So while the sizing information provided by the manufacturer is generally accurate for the measurements indicated, a seasonal costume will rarely fit every person as if it were tailor made for that person. This simply means that even though a costume may fit based on waist or hip measurements, it doesn't mean the inseam length or sleeve length will fit every body style with the same waist measurements. In some cases, alterations may be required and in others, you may need to order another size. And because seasonal costumes tend to run small, we suggest buying the larger size when in doubt.
Please be sure to check the individual product page for available sizes and we encourage you to read the important notes below. Some manufacturers however have their own unique sizing system so when looking at a particular product, be sure to take notice of whether or not there is a special sizing chart for that item. You'll find this information on the SIZING tab beneath the product image.
Important Notes on Sizing
- The sizing of some costumes may fall outside general sizing guidelines, if that is the case, it should be reflected in the product description of each individual costume. Remember to look for the Special Sizing Chart Link as described above.
- While dress/clothing sizes are provided in US sizes, the sizes for seasonal costumes tend to run small.
- Bodysuit costumes (like super heroes) are meant to be tight fitting, please keep that in mind when selecting your size.
- If in doubt between two sizes, it’s usually best to order the larger size as sizes for seasonal costumes tend to run small. As an option, many customers will purchase both sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.
- Many costumes have elastic waists that allow for some stretching.
- Sizing information is provided to us by the manufacturer. While this information is assumed to be accurate, we can not be responsible for variations or inaccuracies in the information provided to us.
- If we have not listed a size it is either “Standard” or “One-size fits most”. Please refer to the chart below for more details.
- The packaging on some costumes show sizes by child years instead of child sizes. So you may order by size on the website and then once you receive the costume it shows ages on the package instead of sizes. Please look at the costume carefully, it does NOT mean the wrong size was shipped. Here are guidelines for what the sizes/ages might be:
o Small 4-6 (3-4 years)
o Medium 8-10 (5-7 years)
o Large 12-14 (8-10 years).
We apologize for any confusion this may cause.